Positive-Self Talk during a Panic Attack
Fighting a panic attack will only make it worse- I repeat, fighting a panic attack will make it worse!!
Instead, try using one of the phrases below. When you are experiencing an anxiety attack, stop, breathe, and choose a phrase below to say out loud and repeat as many times as you need.
1) This is just adrenaline. My body is just overly excited. It will pass through me.
2) I accept and allow this anxious feeling. I accept and allow this anxious thought.
3) It may feel uncomfortable, but I will let go and ride the wave. My body will take me back to shore."
4) This feels different, but I am not in danger.
5) My brain and my body are very smart. I can let go and let them do their thing. The body will stabilize.