How Do you Speak to Yourself?
Most of us are mindful of how we speak to others, but are you mindful of how you speak to yourself? Would you say the same things you say to yourself to a friend who was going through a hard time?
If your answer is no - take a step back and re-evaluate the words you are using on yourself.
Imagine a young child approaching you in a state of panic asking for your advice. You wouldn't want to scare them any further and your words would be chosen with care, right?
I am guilty of speaking to myself harshly or with "panic inducing" words that only make the situation worse. Try to slow down and think before you say something harmful to yourself.
Here's an activity to try:
- Keep a notebook or a piece of paper nearby you throughout the day.
- If you have a moment of anxiousness, stress, self-doubt, etc. write down your thoughts/ self-talk as a stream of conscious.
- When you have nothing left to write, close your eyes, and take three deep breaths. Inhale...exhale...
- Open your eyes and read aloud what you have written.
- Reflect. Is this this the same thing you would say to a friend who was experiencing what you just experienced?
- If not, re-write your sentence(s) to what you would say.
It's hard, but it makes a difference.
Hi! I’m Brianna.
I am just on your website right now and I would LOVE to help get you new visitors and of course customers to your website asap.
Visit enkaiyo.com for details on this special offer TODAY, and to get you website onto Page #1 of Google, Yahoo and Bing.
This offer is open to new customers including you if you want to start getting new customers TODAY, get 1 Year FREE and 70%+ Off just by going to enkaiyo.com/70off.html
Let me know!